Geographical focus: Oman
Qandeel food truck is one of its kind food truck serving fusion Omani food using local ingredients with a twist.
Qandeel is an innovative concept bringing high quality fusion food to:
• Oman’s emerging food truck sector
• Secret dining on the lines of La Nuite Blanche to Oman’s discerning experiential foodies
• High end conventional and surprise home and corporate catering to Chaine de Rotisseur expectations with anywhere, anytime, anyhow problem-solving capabilities
It sets out to solve the problem around:
• Value-for-money on-the-go, rush hours/out-of-hours street eating with food truck cachet
• Experiencing predictably great food in unpredictably great locations where the pop-up food event itself becomes the party on a regular timetable carefully themed events (eg dark moon and turtles, full moon silver service cook ins, dinner safaris etc etc)
• Delivering superlative catering with pop-up location capabilities (corporate entertainment with a difference).
Qandeelsets out to be an OMR 500,000 business in 5 years based on the simple premise that each part of experiential dining on offer becomes the marketing and calling card for the next. So, food trucks become a marketing channel for secret Nuite Blanche dinner parties and themed events such as cookathons which, in turn, become the calling card for high margin catering service delivery.
Each proposition relies on the core business competence of delivering high quality food on a flexible, mobile basis from a well-managed central kitchen and ability to set up impromptu fine dining ambience on a pop-up basis anywhere, anytime.
Qandeel aspires to use its passionate Omani credentials and talented team to create a story worth sharing through social media and conventional lifestyle magazine and business study channels around experiential travel, sustainable business ethos, healthy lifestyle, outdoor enjoyment, Omani fusion street credits and the new entrepreneurship driving economic diversification and innovation for the future.
Date Founded 01/2017
Primary Industry N/A
Team Members 1 - 10
Business type N/A
Development Stage Idea development
Revenue generating Yes
Linked Institutions N/A