The H1 2022 United Arab Emirates (UAE) Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship bi-annual reports providing a data-driven update on UAE's venture capital investments, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
UAE Startup Ecosystem in H1 2022 - Key Highlights
• the UAE sustains its position as the largest market in MENA, aggregating 39% of total funding and 28% of total transactions raised in MENA over H1 2022.
• In H1 2022, the UAE recorded investment levels that are on par with last year as UAE-based startups raised 47% of FY 2021 funding over 51% of total deals.
• Pure Harvest’s $181M fundraise is not only the 3rd Mega Round recorded in the UAE over the past year, but more importantly, marks this as the 10th consecutive year of Mega Rounds for the UAE since 2013.
• Similar to the general trend across MENA, the lion’s share of transactions over H1 2022 were closed in the $1M-$5M bracket size, accounting for 50% of total deals in the UAE,
• The 10 Exits announced in the UAE over H1 2022 were the highest amongst the top 3 MENA markets.
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the UAE venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of UAE venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1‘22 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by UAE-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments across the Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Pakistan.