The Turkey H1 2021 Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a bi-annual breakdown of Turkey’s venture capital space, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the Emerging Venture Markets.
Turkey Startup Ecosystem in H1 2021 - Key Highlights
• In H1’21, VC Investment in Turkey grew by 9x YoY, surpassing venture funding across MENA by 19%
• Contrary to most MENA markets, number of deals closed in H1’21 in Turkey doubled YoY, putting Turkey in the lead of the most number of transactions in Emerging Venture Markets (MENA, Turkey, Pakistan)
• Gaming in Turkey closed 15x more deals in H1’21 while Delivery & Logistics raised 25x more capital YoY
• 82% of capital deployed was raised by the top five funding rounds, four of which were sized above $100M
• In H1’21, 39% of investors in Turkish startups were based overseas, while every 5th investor was headquartered in the United States of America
• Five startups from Turkey recorded exits in H1'21
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Turkish venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Turkish venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1 ‘21 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by Turkey-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Turkey Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 19 countries in the Emerging Venture Markets. EVM includes Turkey, Pakistan, and 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.