This 24-page section report includes information and data-driven insights on the following:
- Funding Trends in the UAE, with deals and funding insights, as well as average funding and pre-money valuations by stage
- Exit Trends in the UAE, including a list of all exits in 2019, with insights industries and acquirers of UAE-based startups
- International Comparison, comparing the UAE to other regional startup ecosystems from a deals and funding perspective
This funding & exit section is part of our full UAE report, which also includes investor and industry trends!
The UAE saw the first-ever unicorn exit in the country and wider MENA region
Careem, the UAE-based ride-hailing application, became the first unicorn exit in the region after being acquired by Uber for $3.1B. The acquisition follows the previous record of UAE-based Souq, which was acquired by Amazon in 2017 for $580M, indicating a significant jump in the larget exit in the country and region.
This section report delves deeper into the key funding and exit in the UAE, including a list of all exits and top 10 funding rounds, as well as the average pre-money valuation and funding amount by funding stage. Moreover, it highlights key trends in the funding and exit landscape, including which types of entities are increasingly looking to acquire local startups and how the UAE compares to other countries in the region from a funding perspective.
You can purchase this section report by clicking here. Want to see a sample of a full country report, which includes this section, first? Click here.
This report is part of the full 2019 UAE Venture Investment Report. You can find UAE-specific data, insights, and trends on the following topics as well in our other section reports:
- State of the UAE: Industry Investment Trends
- State of the UAE: Key Investor Trends
Purchase The State of the UAE: Funding & Exit Evolution in 2019