The H1 2022 South Africa Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a bi-annual update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in South Africa.
South Africa Startup Ecosystem in H1 2022 - Key Highlights
• The country was the fourth-most funded and most transacting geography across Africa accounting for 12% of total funding and 11% of total transactions closed in the continent over H1'22
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the South African venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of South Africa venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1‘22 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by South Africa-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments across the Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Pakistan.