The Q1 2021 Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Delivery & Logistics Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship industry reports that takes a comprehensive look at the sector’s quarterly performance within the venture capital and startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
Delivery & Logistics MENA Startup Ecosystem in Q1 2021 - Key Highlights
• Four MENA countries saw activity in the D&L sector in Q1 ‘21, namely UAE, KSA, Egypt and Iraq.
• Q1’ 21 saw the highest amount of quarterly funding raised in MENA in D&L over the past 4 years, rising YoY by 179%.
• When compared to Q4 ‘20, D&L funding in MENA increased by 525% while the total number of D&L transactions increased by 60%.
• Just one UAE-based startup accounted for 90% of all capital raised in the sector in Q1 ‘21.
• The average MENA D&L ticket size was over $6M, the largest among the three top performing MENA industries (Fintech, Food & Beverage, Delivery & Logistics).
• Every fourth investor in MENA’s D&L startups was an angel investor.
What's in the report?
This quarterly report provides a thorough overview of MENA’s Delivery & Logistics venture capital and funding investment space, and deep dives into specific updates on the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Delivery & Logistics venture funding evolution in MENA, with a focus on Q1 ‘21 country and industry performance benchmarks
• MENA Delivery & Logistics Top 10 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all firms in the region that have invested in D&L startups
• Top 10 Delivery & Logistics startup funding rounds that were closed during the analysed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in MENA-based Delivery & Logistics startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The MENA Delivery & Logistics Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities aiming to foster innovation in D&L.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.