The Q1 2018 Analytics Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. Q1 2018 saw $35.54M invested in 62 deals. Q1 2018 saw 14 less deals compared to Q1 2017. The total disclosed investments in Q1 2018 ($36M) was also down by $25M from Q1 2017 ($61M).
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in Q1 2018: All MENA-based startups that received investment in Q1 2018, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- Q1 2018 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in Q1 2018 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in Q1 2018 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in Q1 2018: Highlight of the top news of Q1 2018
Q1 2018 - $36M in disclosed funding, 62 # of deals
Q1 2018 comparison
Q1 2018 Investment Breakdown
MAGNiTT Q2 Predictions