The Q1 2022 Pakistan Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in Pakistan benchmarked with its peer EVMs.
While closing 17% of total transactions recorded in FY’21, and 1 fewer transactions compared to Q1’21, the Pakistani VC ecosystem was able to raise 43% of total capital invested over the past year in the first three months of 2022. The $143M raised in the first quarter of the year marks a 408% QoQ growth compared to Q1’21 and an 81% QoQ increase since Q4 2021. Keeping up this pace, the Pakistani VC ecosystem will be able to cross the $500M mark in funding for the first time by the end of the year.
While Pakistan boasts one of the highest international investor participation across EVMs, accounting for 75% of all investors backing Pakistan-based startups over Q1’22, average funding rounds observed a YoY increase across all stages, where a sizable $70M investment has been already closed by Pakistan’s B2B E-commerce rising star Bazaar Technologies.
Key Highlights - Pakistan Q1 2022 Venture Investment Report
- $143M was raised in venture funding in Pakistan over the first quarter of the year; signifying a healthy start for the ecosystem
The $70M Series B Funding round closed by Pakistan's B2B E-commerce startup Bazaar Technologies drove the Pakistani funding round size to an average of $10.2M in the first quarter of the year
While the ecosystem observed an increase in average funding rounds across all stages, the mean Series A round recorded the highest growth of 139% YoY to average $22.5M in Q1'22
FinTech was able to raise 27% of total transactions and 17% of funding to rank first by number of deals and second by total funding after E-commerce climbed the ranks accounting for 49% of capital invested in Q1'22
The 40 Investors that participated in funding rounds in Q1'22 were equal to total number of investors in FY'20 while boasting a 75% proportion of international investors
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Pakistan venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Pakistan venture funding evolution, with a focus on 2022 YTD country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 10 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• A 5-year Pakistan exit evolution with country benchmark breakdown
• Top 10 last exits by Pakistan-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Pakistan Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.