The Q1 2021 Pakistan Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on Pakistan’s technology venture investments, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the Emerging Venture Markets.
Pakistan Startup Ecosystem in Q1 2021 - Key Highlights
• As compared to Q1 ‘20, Pakistani VC investment more than doubled.
• EVM Comparison - Pakistan surpassed Egypt in venture capital deployed, taking the 4th spot in EVM country ranking.
• E-commerce topped the industry rankings by both deal count and capital deployed.
• The average ticket size in Pakistan stood at a little over $2M.
• From all investors who closed at least one deal in Pakistan in Q1 ‘21, a staggering 67% were based outside of the country, compared to 20% of international investors in MENA-based startups and 38% foreign investors in Turkish startups.
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into Pakistan’s venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Pakistan’s venture funding evolution, with a focus on Q1 ‘21 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in Pakistani startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Pakistan Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 19 countries in the Emerging Venture Markets. EVM includes Turkey, Pakistan, and 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.