The H1 2021 Pakistan Venture Investment Report is a MAGNiTT-exclusive report providing a bi-annual update on Pakistan’s venture capital space, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the Emerging Venture Markets.
Pakistan Startup Ecosystem in H1 2021 - Key Highlights
• In H1’21, VC Investment in Pakistan saw an increase of 18% from that in FY’20
• The Pakistani VC ecosystem in H1’21 grew by 4x YoY, where Pakistani startups accounted for 7% of total deals made in Emerging Venture Markets (MENA, Turkey, Pakistan)
• 37% of total funding in Pakistan in H1'21 was acquired by seven Fintech startups, up from no Fintech deals in H1'20
• The E-commerce sector acquired 30% of all deals made and 36% of capital raised in H1’21, outperforming the sector across MENA
• In H1’21, 72% of investors in Pakistani startups were foreign, while 43% of all investors were based in the USA
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into Pakistan’s venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Pakistan’s venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1 ‘21 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by Pakistan-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Pakistan Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 19 countries in the Emerging Venture Markets. EVM includes Turkey, Pakistan, and 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.