The 2022 Pakistan Investment Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a yearly oversight of venture capital and entrepreneurial progress in Pakistan.
In 2021, we saw record amounts of capital deployed across all Emerging Venture Markets. Pakistan, too, saw record levels of capital deployed into startups based in the country, while the number of deals closed in the year also grew by 63% year-over-year.
In other key ecosystem developments, the number of investors that supported deals closed by Pakistani startups increased by three times between 2020 and 2021. Encouragingly for investors, the country noted exits in 2021 after recording none in 2020.
Reflecting the shift towards late-stage rounds observed across emerging venture markets, almost 6x more deals were sized $3M+ in 2021 than in 2020.
Fintech startups led deal flow activity while Transport & Logistics accumulated the most capital deployed in 2021.
Key Highlights - Pakistan 2022 Venture Investment Report
- Funding in Pakistan in 2021 grew by 355% year-over-year, while number of deals increased by 63%
- In a year of record investor participation, the number of investors that financed Pakistan-based startups in 2021 grew by 240% when compared to 2020
- Pakistan saw its largest ever funding round closed in 2021, sized at $85M
- Fintech and E-commerce accounted for 50% of all transactions registered in Pakistan in 2021
- 78% of investors that financed Pakistan-based startups in 2021 were headquartered outside the country
- Two exits were announced in Pakistan in 2021
What’s In The Report?
This yearly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into Pakistan's venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Pakistan's venture funding evolution, with a focus on 2021 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 20 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• A 5-year Pakistan exit evolution with country breakdown
• Top 10 last exits for Pakistan-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Pakistan Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.