November sees the highest volume of monthly deals closed across MENA in 2021 YTD
The number of deals closed across MENA in November 2021 spiked by 68% month-on-month. The total transactions registered in the year so far is now only 10% short of the number of deals closed throughout MENA in FY 2020.
Fintech startups drove investment activity across MENA and Pakistan
Startups within the industry accounted for 32% of the capital deployed in MENA and 43% of that in Pakistan in November 2021.
The sector currently ranks first in the year in terms of number of deals across both MENA and Pakistan. In Turkey, the number of Fintech deals is positioned second to Gaming.
MENAPT records the highest-ever exits in a year in 2021 YTD
The number of exits announced across MENA, Turkey and Pakistan in 2021 YTD exceeded those announced in FY 2020 by 50%. This represents the highest number of exits ever recorded in the emerging venture ecosystem.
MENA, however, is still one exit short of equaling the current record of 31 exits achieved in 2019.
Empower your business with MAGNiTT Data & Research --> Contact Sales
Emerging Venture Markets - November 2021 Other Key Highlight
• Funding in November 2021 more than quadrupled in all three MENAPT geographies (MENA, Pakistan and Turkey) when compared to November 2020
• The UAE and Egypt together accounted for more than half (54%) of all deals closed across MENA in 2021 by the end of November
• Five EdTech startups registered VC transactions in Turkey in November 2021
• Fintech ventures in Pakistan closed 38% of deals and raised 43% of all funding deployed in the country in November 2021
• Six exits were announced across MENA and three in Turkey in the month of November 2021
This dashboard includes:
• Funding Overview: Yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly analysis of venture investment activity across each market
• Country Overview: Deal and Funding split per country along with a two-year deal and funding comparison*
• Industry Overview: Deal and Funding split per industry along with a two-year deal and funding comparison
• Funding Rounds: A list of the top 5 investments in the month of November
• Exits: A list of the last 5 rolling exits year-to-date, including acquisition amount wherever disclosed
• Investors: List and ranking of the most active investors in November 2021 and YTD
What is a dashboard?
Do you find it hard to keep up to date with the latest venture investment activity of startups from across the region? If you are an investor tracking activity, consultant looking to identify trends, or a government entity searching for investments in your geography this is your tool to stay up to date.
Why buy this report?
• A one-stop-shop for the most up to date venture activity across MENA, Turkey, and Pakistan on a monthly basis
• Identify startups and trends across the regions and industries that are important to you
• Benchmark your investment activity or find a potential investor in your venture thanks to the most active investor ranking