November 2018 Analytics Report
The November 2018 Analytics Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. November 2018 saw $161M invested in 9 MENA-based startups. Despite a drop in the number of deals compared to November 2017, there was an additional $147M investment in November 2018.
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in November 2018: All MENA-based startups that received investment in November 2018, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- November 2018 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in November 2018 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in November 2018 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in November 2018: Highlight of the top news of November 2018
A couple of key highlights of November 2018:
- 9 deals undertaken, amounting to $161M in disclosed funding
- 2018 YTD saw slightly fewer deals compared to the same period in 2017, but a $63M increase in amount of funding (excl. Careem)
- The top 3 funded startups in November 2018 were Property Finder ($120.0M), Swvl ($20.0M<) and HolidayMe ($16.0M)
November 2018 vis-à-vis November 2017:
- Deals: 24 fewer deals in November 2018 (9) compared to November 2017 (33)
- Disclosed Investments: $147M more invested in November 2018 ($161M) compared to November 2017 ($14M)
January – November 2018 vis-à-vis January – November 2017:
- Deals: 18 fewer deals in Jan-Nov 2018 (301) compared to Jan-Nov 2017 (319)
- Disclosed Investments: $23M more invested in Jan-Nov 2018 ($435M) compared to Jan-Nov 2017 ($458M) (excl. Careem)
Purchase November 2018 Analytics Report