The Q3 2022 Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
The MENA VC ecosystem encountered three consecutive quarters of decline in 2022. At the level of funding,the third quarter of this year reported the lowest amount since the first quarter of 2021, while the number of deals were the lowest they have been since the third quarter of 2020. This comes along with a slowdown in global investment amidst the overall uncertainty due to the ongoing economic crisis, rising inflation levels and mounting interest rates.
To learn more about this report and access the underlying data, contact our team.
MENA Startup Ecosystem in Q3 2022 - Key Highlights
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the MENA venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of MENA venture funding evolution, with a focus on 2022 YTD country and industry performance
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the investor type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 20 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• A 5-year MENA exit evolution with country benchmark breakdown
• Top 10 last exits recorded by MENA-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Comparison Tools to benchmark geographies, industries and investor performance
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.