The Q3 2021 Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
Discover our tailored enterprise solutions < Contact Sales >
MENA Startup Ecosystem in Q3 2021 - Key Highlights
- The capital raised by MENA-based startups in Q3’21 was the second-highest quarterly funding amount recorded in the regional ecosystem, after the $862M raised in Q2’21
- MENA VC transactions in Q3 2021 fell by nine deals quarter-on-quarter. Regional startups need to secure an additional 156 deals in the final quarter of the year to level up to what was achieved in FY 2020
- Egyptian startups overtook their UAE counterparts by volume of VC deals to rank first by number of deals
- MENA startups announced 23 exits in 2021 by the end of Q3
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Middle East and North Africa venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of MENA venture funding evolution, with a focus on Q3 ‘21 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in MENA-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The MENA Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.