May 2020 sees a decline in deals compared to last year, but rebounds from April
While April 2020 saw a 65% drop compared to the same month last year, May 2020 saw a drop as well: deals were down 27% from May 2019. Compared to last month, however, the number of deals has increased by 93%, as 33 deals took place in May 2020. A big contributor to the increase in deals was the Misk500 MENA Accelerator, which accelerated its third batch of startups since its inception.
This report is also available as part of our Pro and Enterprise subscriptions, along with all other country, industry, and other venture summary reports. You can check them out HERE.
The May 2020 Dashboard includes a summary and data-driven information on:
● Executive Summary & Top News: A condensed view of the most important activity and takeaways in the month
● Funding Overview: A list of all deals in the month, as well as charts on deals and funding trends over the years
● Country Dashboard: A ranking of the top countries in the month and year by number of deals
● Industry Dashboard: A ranking of the top industries in the month and year by number of deals
● Funding Institutions: A breakdown of the most active investor in the year thus far, by number of investments
● Funding Rounds: A list of all deals in the month, including funding amount, investor names, funding stages, and more
● Exits: A list of all exits in the month, including acquisition amounts where available, as well as the acquirer and startup logos
● Methodology & Definitions
Want to see a sample of the full report first? Click here.