Get any 3 reports for $799 with MAGNiTT PRO!
March 2018 Analytics Report
The March 2018 Analytics Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. March 2018 saw $20.46M invested in 21 MENA-based startups. The number of deals was 1 higher in March 2018 (21) compared to March 2017 (20). Q1 2018 ($36M) fell $25M short compared to Q1 2017 ($61M) in terms of total funding.
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in March 2018: All MENA-based startups that received investment in March 2018, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- March 2018 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in March 2018 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in March 2018 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in March 2018: Highlight of the top news of March 2018
March 2018 Funding Summary
▪March saw an uptick in amount invested, despite a decline in the number of transactions undertaken
−21 deals were disclosed in March 2018, amounting to $20.46M
−This was the highest amount invested in March in last 3 years, excluding 2017
−The number of deals was 1 higher in March 2018 (21) compared to March 2017 (20)
−Q1 2018 ($36M) fell $25M short compared to Q1 2017 ($61M) in terms of total funding
▪Top three March deals by disclosed investment size were:
−Pawame - $2M
−The List - $1.7M
▪Investment analysis breakdown:
−9 of the 21 deals took place at the SEED Stage, 2 disclosed at Series A and 1 disclosed at Series B
−UAE saw the highest number of investments (8), Other notable investments: Syria (4), Egypt (3), and Lebanon (3)
−Investments were spread across 13 different industries, with 3 deals in E-Commerce and Delivery & Logistics
Purchase March 2018 Analytics Report