The March 2018 Analytics Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. March 2018 saw $20.46M invested in 21 MENA-based startups. The number of deals was 1 higher in March 2018 (21) compared to March 2017 (20). Q1 2018 ($36M) fell $25M short compared to Q1 2017 ($61M) in terms of total funding.
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in March 2018: All MENA-based startups that received investment in March 2018, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- March 2018 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in March 2018 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in March 2018 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in March 2018: Highlight of the top news of March 2018