The Q3 2021 KSA Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in Saudi Arabia.
Discover our tailored enterprise solutions < Contact Sales >
KSA Startup Ecosystem in Q3 2021 - Key Highlights
- Total VC investment in startups in Saudi Arabia in 2021 by the end of Q3 was already more than doubled of what was invested in FY 2020
- KSA was the only one of the top MENA geographies to overtake the number of deals registered in FY 2020 in 2021 YTD
- The IT Solutions sector accounted for 39% of capital deployed into Saudi-based startups, ranking the industry first by funding amount
- Of the capital deployed in KSA in Q3 YTD 2021, 61% was raised by a single mega-round closed by an IT Solutions startup
- Three exits were recorded in KSA by the end of Q3 in 2021
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the KSA venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of KSA venture funding evolution, with a focus on Q3 ‘21 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in KSA-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The KSA Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.