The Q1 2021 Saudi Arabia (KSA) Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on KSA's technology venture investments, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
KSA Startup Ecosystem in Q1 2021 - Key Highlights
• Capital deployed reached a record-high: Saudi Arabia witnessed a record-high quarter in terms of capital deployed when the amount raised more than doubled compared to Q1 ‘20 and raised by 56% from Q4 ‘20.
• In contrast, the number of deals YoY fell by 29% in Q1 ‘21.
• Despite the decline in number of deals, investors in KSA startups showed varied interests as 4 of the top 5 industries recorded more than a 100% increase in deal count.
• Fintech topped the rankings by number of deals, while Food & Beverage recorded the largest increase in deal count (+500%).
• The top 5 deals closed in the KSA accounted for 61% of all capital deployed in the country.
• The average ticket size stood at over $3M in Q1 ‘21, a number more than three times the average in Q1 ‘20.
• Of all active investors in KSA, a vast majority were local firms (73%). The Saudi government’s support for the startup ecosystem seemed to foster an inward-looking approach among local investors.
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Saudi venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of KSA venture funding evolution, with a focus on Q1 ‘21 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in KSA-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The KSA Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.