The H1 2022 Saudi Arabia (KSA) Venture Investment Report is MAGNiTT's flagship bi-annual report providing detailed insight on KSA's venture capital investments, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
KSA Startup Ecosystem in H1 2022 - Key Highlights
• Saudi-based startups were able to surpass FY 2021 record funding by 8% in H1 2022. The $584M raised over 79 transactions not only resulted in a 245% YoY funding incline and a 26% increase in transactions compared to H1’21, but also aggregated 32% of total funding in MENA.
• Despite a 10% QoQ dip in funding, Saudi-based startups raised more funds in every month of H1 2022 compared to the same time last year.
• Saudi Arabia catches up to the UAE, decreasing the funding gap from 77% in H1’21 to 16% over H1’22 and diminishing the deal gap from 9 to a 6-deal difference in H1 2022.
• While closing 55% of total FY 2021 transactions, the MEAN round size in Saudi Arabia grew by 100% to reach a new record of $8M and a Median round size of $2M by the end of H1 2022.
• 5 Saudi-based startups announce their exits in H1 2022, surpassing FY 2021 numbers by 1 exit
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Saudi venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of KSA venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1‘22 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by KSA-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments across the Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Pakistan.
Saudi Venture Capital (SVC) is a Government VC ($1 billion AUM) established in 2018 by Monshaat as part of the Financial Sector Development Program (FSDP) for the primary goal of stimulating and sustaining financing for startups and SMEs from pre-seed to pre-IPO through the investment in funds and co-investment in startups. Since inception, SVC has backed 30 funds and 5 angel investor groups that invested in 401 startups and SMEs.