Saudi Arabia saw new Yearly, Half-Yearly, and Quarterly record funding in H1 2022. We release our half-yearly report showcasing insights on KSA's ecosystem evolution over the years, with the support of the Saudi Venture Capital (SVC).
Despite 2021 being a positive year for venture funding, 2022 has thus far witnessed a resurgence of sorts. The first half of the year saw the Kingdom create new Yearly, Half-Yearly, and Quarterly records in startup funding!
Saudi Arabia finished H1 2022 with 3 consecutive half-year periods of growth in VC funding after observing a 244% YoY increase in funding compared to H1’21. With more than 80% of total deals being closed in early-stage rounds, the country's ecosystem prepares to shatter more records in the coming years.
هل ترغب بالحصول على النسخة العربية من التقرير مجاناً؟ انقر هنا
Here are some of the key insights from the report:
• Saudi ranks as the 2nd-largest VC market in MENA by total funding and total transactions
• Record number of 88 investors backed Saudi-based startups in H1 2022
• Fintech leads industries by deals while F&B raises lion’s share of capital
• Jumping 2 ranks from FY 2021, the F&B becomes the leading industry in H1 2022 driven by Saudi’s 2nd ever Mega Round ($100M+)
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, which is a comprehensive directory of emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market sizing tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
Saudi Venture Capital (SVC) is a Government VC ($1 billion AUM) established in 2018 by Monshaat as part of the Financial Sector Development Program (FSDP) for the primary goal of stimulating and sustaining financing for startups and SMEs from pre-seed to pre-IPO through the investment in funds and co-investment in startups. Since inception, SVC has backed 30 funds and 5 angel investor groups that invested in 401 startups and SMEs.