The H1 2021 Emerging Venture Markets (EVM) Food & Beverage Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship industry reports that takes a comprehensive look at the sector’s half-yearly performance within the venture capital and startup ecosystems in MENA, Turkey and Pakistan.
H1 2021 EVM Food & Beverage Venture Investment Report - Key Highlights
• With triple the capital invested in FY 2020, H1 2021 saw the highest ever yearly, half-yearly and quarterly funding into F&B startups across EVMs
• Of the total capital deployed into MENA's F&B sector in H1 2021, 83% was accounted for by a single startup Kitopi
• Amongst the top five industries in MENA, F&B saw the largest increase in deal flow YoY
• UAE, KSA and Egypt each accounted for 26% of total F&B transactions in MENA
• One in five investors that poured capital in a MENA-based startup in H1 2021 invested in an F&B venture
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s in the report?
This half-yearly report provides a thorough overview of the Food & Beverage venture investment space in Emerging Venture Markets, and deep dives into specific updates on the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Food & Beverage venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1 2021 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking within the industry, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all firms that have invested in F&B startups across the EVMs
• Top 10 Food & Beverage startup funding rounds that were closed during the analysed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in Food & Beverage startups in MENA, Turkey and Pakistan
Who will benefit from the report?
The H1 2021 EMV Food & Beverage Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities aiming to foster innovation in F&B.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.