The H1 2021 Emerging Venture Markets (EVM) E-commerce Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship industry reports that takes a comprehensive look at the sector’s half-yearly performance within the venture capital and startup ecosystems in MENA, Turkey and Pakistan.
H1 2021 EVM E-commerce Venture Investment Report - Key Highlights
• In H1 2021, Pakistani E-commerce startups raised double the capital they did in FY 2020, accounting for 17% of funding deployed across EVMs
• Amongst Emerging Venture Markets (MENA, Pakistan, Turkey), Pakistan was the only one to see a YoY increase in E-commerce deals in H1 2021
• Despite a drop in funding YoY, UAE-based startups received 30% of capital deployed across EVMs in H1 2021
• Out of the total investors that backed Pakistani startups in H1 2021, 44% supported E-commerce ventures
• Two E-commerce startups, one based in the UAE and the other in Turkey, recorded exits in H1 2021
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s in the report?
This half-yearly report provides a thorough overview of the E-commerce venture investment space in Emerging Venture Markets, and deep dives into specific updates on the following:
• A 5-year analysis of E-commerce venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1 2021 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking within the industry, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all firms that have invested in E-commerce startups across the EVMs
• Top 10 E-commerce startup funding rounds that were closed during the analysed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in E-commerce startups in MENA, Turkey and Pakistan
Who will benefit from the report?
The H1 2021 EMV E-commerce Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities aiming to foster innovation in E-commerce.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.