Get any 3 reports for $799 with MAGNiTT PRO!
H1 2020 Turkey Venture Investment Report
MAGNiTT releases its first Turkey startup funding report, as the data platform continues to expand into emerging venture markets
MAGNiTT's H1 2020 Turkey Venture Investment report provides an in-depth analysis of the startup ecosystem in Turkey, a market with clear opportunities for continued MENA cross-pollination. The report leverages its data to produce compelling insights on the Turkish venture space, as well as highlighting similarities and divergences with MENA. Some notable takeaways from the venture report:
- More venture capital inflows but in fewer deals: H1 2020 saw $80M invested in Turkey-based startups, already 80% of total FY 2019 funding, while investment deals were down by from H1 2019;
- Growth is quite uneven: The top 5 disclosed funding rounds in H1 2020 accounted for more than of total funding in the first 6 months in Turkey's startup ecosystem compared to across MENA;
- The breakdown by industry is consistent with emerging venture markets: with E-Commerce ranking first by number of deals, and Delivery & Transport taking home the lion’s share in terms of funding;
- Turkey saw a sizeable unicorn exit with Peak Games exiting to Zynga for $1.8B;
- The Turkish startup ecosystem saw a total of 47 investors in H1 2020, with its vibrant angel investor community representing 38% of all investors.
You can purchase the full report here
What's included in this 45+ page report?
Turkey's most comprehensive research report on venture trends
- Funding Trends in Turkey, incl. deals & funding evolution, avg. funding, and top deals
- Investors in Turkey, with most active investors, ranked by funding stage
- Industry Insights, with deep-dives in top industries
- Average Funding by Funding Stage, highlighting the avg. funding at Seed & Series A
- Country Rankings & Comparisons, incl. a ranking and comparison of Turkey vs top-performing Emerging Venture Markets by deals and funding
- Exit Insights, including Turkey's unicorn $1.8B exit
Purchase the report online here. Want to obtain a free sample? Download a copy here.
Turkey ranked 4th by total funding after Saudi Arabia with ($80M) in funding raised, mainly attributable to a few sizable funding rounds including Getir's ($38M) Series A investment announced early January (Source: Financial Times), and SOR'UN's ($9.5M) Seed fund-raise. Furthermore, the country ranked (5th) by number of deals after Oman, with (29) investments taking place in H1 2020.
Purchase the full 45+ page report here for the most comprehensive insights into Turkey's venture funding trends in H1 2020.
Purchase H1 2020 Turkey Venture Investment Report