MAGNiTT releases its first Turkey startup funding report, as the data platform continues to expand into emerging venture markets
MAGNiTT's H1 2020 Turkey Venture Investment report provides an in-depth analysis of the startup ecosystem in Turkey, a market with clear opportunities for continued MENA cross-pollination. The report leverages its data to produce compelling insights on the Turkish venture space, as well as highlighting similarities and divergences with MENA. Some notable takeaways from the venture report:
- More venture capital inflows but in fewer deals: H1 2020 saw $80M invested in Turkey-based startups, already 80% of total FY 2019 funding, while investment deals were down by from H1 2019;
- Growth is quite uneven: The top 5 disclosed funding rounds in H1 2020 accounted for more than of total funding in the first 6 months in Turkey's startup ecosystem compared to across MENA;
- The breakdown by industry is consistent with emerging venture markets: with E-Commerce ranking first by number of deals, and Delivery & Transport taking home the lion’s share in terms of funding;
- Turkey saw a sizeable unicorn exit with Peak Games exiting to Zynga for $1.8B;
- The Turkish startup ecosystem saw a total of 47 investors in H1 2020, with its vibrant angel investor community representing 38% of all investors.
You can purchase the full report here
What's included in this 45+ page report?
Turkey's most comprehensive research report on venture trends
- Funding Trends in Turkey, incl. deals & funding evolution, avg. funding, and top deals
- Investors in Turkey, with most active investors, ranked by funding stage
- Industry Insights, with deep-dives in top industries
- Average Funding by Funding Stage, highlighting the avg. funding at Seed & Series A
- Country Rankings & Comparisons, incl. a ranking and comparison of Turkey vs top-performing Emerging Venture Markets by deals and funding
- Exit Insights, including Turkey's unicorn $1.8B exit
Purchase the report online here. Want to obtain a free sample? Download a copy here.