- H1 2019 saw a record number of 238 start-up investment deals take place across MENA for the first 6 months of the year, amounting to $471M in total investment;
- This is an increase of 66% in total funding and 28% in number of deals compared to H1 2018, an all-time record;
- The UAE remained the most active ecosystem with 26% of all deals, followed by Egypt ( 21% ) and Lebanon ( 13% ); with Saudi Arabia one of the fastest growing ecosystems.
- FinTech retained its top spot as the most active industry by number of deals ( 17% ), followed by E-Commerce ( 12% ) and Delivery & Transport ( 8% );
- 130 institutions invested in MENA-based start-ups in H1 2019, 30% of which were headquartered outside the MENA region showing continued international interest;
- 15 start-up exits took place in H1 2019, another record, with Careem’s $3.1B acquisition by Uber being the first unicorn exit in the region.
To purchase the full 100+ page H1 2019 MENA Venture Investment Report, click below
You've downloaded the summary and want more data? Click HERE to purchase the full 100+ report.