The H1 2018 Analytics Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. H1 2018 saw $112M invested in 141 MENA-based startups. H1 2018 saw a 12% increase in number of deals compared to H1 2017. The total disclosed investments in H1 2018 ($112M) however, decreased 68% from H1 2017 ($347M).
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in H1 2018: All MENA-based startups that received investment in H1 2018, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- H1 2018 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in H1 2018 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in H1 2018 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in H1 2018: Highlight of the top news of H1 2018