The Q1 2021 Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Food & Beverage Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship industry reports that takes a comprehensive look at the sector’s quarterly performance within the venture capital and startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
MENA Food & Beverage Startup Ecosystem in Q1 2021 - Key Highlights
• F&B received the largest share of funding across all industries in MENA in Q1 ‘21. Capital deployed in this quarter alone reached almost half (49%) of the total capital deployed in the sector in FY ‘20.
• In the MENA region, transactions within the F&B sector were closed only in UAE, KSA and Egypt.
• The majority of F&B funding, 53%, went into UAE-based ventures.
• KSA topped the ranking by deal count as startups in the country closed six deals within F&B in Q1 ‘21.
• Top 3 F&B deals across MENA accounted for 3/4th of the region’s total funding deployed in the sector.
• The average MENA F&B ticket size stood at $5.5M in the first quarter of 2021.
• More than half of F&B investors were headquartered in KSA (53%).
What’s in the report?
This quarterly report provides a thorough overview of MENA’s Food & Beverage venture capital and funding investment space, and deep dives into specific updates on the following:
• A 5-year analysis of MENA Food & Beverage venture funding evolution, with a focus on Q1 ‘21 country and industry performance benchmarks
• MENA Food & Beverage top 10 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all firms in the region that have invested in F&B startups
• Top 10 Food & Beverage startup funding rounds that were closed during the analysed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in MENA-based Food & Beverage startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The MENA Food & Beverage Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities aiming to foster innovation in F&B.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.