The February 2018 Analytics Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. February 2018 saw $8.3M invested in 6 MENA-based startups. Despite a drop in the number of deals compared to February in previous years, this is the highest amount of disclosed investment in February in the last 3 years, excluding 2016.
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in February 2018: All MENA-based startups that received investment in February 2018, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- February 2018 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in February 2018 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in February 2018 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in February 2018: Highlight of the top news of February 2018