The Q3 2022 Egypt Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystem in the country.
Egypt reported an 8.2% yearly decline in funding to stand at $392M across 120 deals in the first nine months of 2022. Funding in the aforementioned period of this year stood at 76.9% of FY 2021, while the total number of deals represented 74.1% over the same period. In a closer look, the third quarter of 2022 reported a notable decline in funding as the country’s economy suffered the implications of the concurrent shocks that impacted the economic activity especially at the level of increasing inflation, higher interest rates and currency depreciation.
To learn more about this report and access the underlying data, contact our team.
Egypt Startup Ecosystem in Q3 2022 - Key Highlights
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Egyptian venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Egypt venture funding evolution, with a focus on 2022 YTD country and industry performance
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the investor type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 20 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• A 5-year Egypt exit evolution with country benchmark breakdown
• Top 10 last exits recorded by Egypt-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Comparison Tools to benchmark geographies, industries and investor performance
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.