The Q3 2021 Egypt Venture Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in Egypt.
Discover our tailored enterprise solutions < Contact Sales >
Egypt Startup Ecosystem in Q3 2021 - Key Highlights
- Funding in Egypt in Q3 YTD 2021 grew by 175% in Q3 YTD 2021, when compared to the end of Q3 in 2020
- Even with the exclusion of a mega-deal, Egypt's VC ecosystem reached new heights in terms of yearly, half-yearly, and quarterly funding
- By Q3 2021 YTD, Egyptian ventures closed 86% of deals that were closed in FY 2020
- Every fourth transaction recorded in MENA in Q3 YTD 2021 was closed by an Egyptian startup
- A YoY uptick in deals in 2021 YTD allowed Egypt to rank first by number of deals in 2021 YTD
- Amongst the UAE, KSA, and Egypt, Egypt was the only market to witness a rise in E-commerce rounds
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Egyptian venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Egypt venture funding evolution, with a focus on Q3 ‘21 country and industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits in Egypt-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Egypt Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.