The H1 2021 Egypt Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports providing a bi-annual update on all the critical data and evolution of the Egyptian venture capital space, as well as benchmarks startup ecosystems in the MENA region.
Egypt Startup Ecosystem in H1 2021 - Key Highlights
• In H1’21, VC investment in Egypt grew by 29% YoY, accounting for 91% of total capital deployed in FY’20
• Every fourth transaction in MENA was closed by an Egyptian startup, accounting for 13% of total capital raised
• Amongst the top three MENA countries, UAE, Egypt and KSA, Egypt was the only one to see an increase in deal count YoY
• In H1’21, every fourth dollar was invested in Delivery & Logistics startups marking a 10x increase in funding YoY
• Early-stage funding in Egypt grew, where rounds sized below $500K increased by 10pp between FY’20 and H1’21
• 30% of investors backing Egypt-based startups were from the UAE and KSA combined
Keep the region’s latest venture data at your fingertips. Access our interactive data charts on Emerging Venture Markets
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the Egyptian venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Egypt's venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1 ‘21 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by Egypt-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
The Egypt Venture Investment Report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Sign-up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.