August 2020 marks a record high by total funding for the year, but witnessed a drop from last month
August 2020 saw a 48% drop in the number of deals, while total funding on the other hand increased by 93% when compared to the same month last year. Compared to last month, the number of deals has decreased by 27%, as 22 deals took place in July 2020.
This report is also available as part of our Pro and Enterprise subscriptions, along with all other country, industry, and other venture summary reports. You can check them out HERE.
The August 2020 Dashboard includes a summary and data-driven information on:
● Executive Summary & Top News: A condensed view of the most important activity and takeaways in the month
● Funding Overview: A list of all deals in the month, as well as charts on deals and funding trends over the years
● Country Dashboard: A ranking of the top countries in the month and year by number of deals
● Industry Dashboard: A ranking of the top industries in the month and year by number of deals
● Investor Dashboard: A breakdown of the most active investor in the year thus far, by number of investments
● Funding Rounds: A list of all deals in the month, including funding amount, investor names, funding stages, and more
● Exits: A list of all exits in the month, including acquisition amounts where available, as well as the acquirer and startup logos
● Methodology & Definitions
Want to see a sample of the full report first? Click here.