The April 2021 Dashboard provides a condensed overview of the month's startup and venture investment activity across MENA, Turkey, and Pakistan. It covers funding evolution, industry overview, top deals and the most active investors in each market.
April 2021 Key Highlights
• A sound start to VC investment in Q2 ’21 as the funding raised in April alone amounted to 37% of venture capital raised in Q1’21.
• Capital was concentrated across larger deals as the deal count in April hit a seven-month low.
• Egypt saw the most exponential growth: In April, venture investment in Egypt was 110% higher than what it was in Q1’21, constituting 47% of all capital deployed in MENA in the month.
• Fintech startups closed six deals in April which accounted for 69% of the total VC investments in MENA.
• April’s venture investment in Turkey was 36% higher than total funding in all of Q4 ‘20.
• Gaming emerged as a high-interest industry with just two deals capturing 26% of total venture capital in April.
• One gaming startup recorded an exit in April ’21, three years post commencement.
• Funding reached a nine-month high in April, already amounting for 79% of total capital deployed in the country in Q1’21.
• One Enterprise Software startup raised 93% of all venture investment in April, causing the industry to top the 2021 YTD funding ranking.
The April 2021 Dashboard provides a summary of venture activity for each of the three markets listed above:
• Funding Overview: Yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly analysis of venture investment activity across each market
• Country Overview: Deal and Funding split per country along with a two-year deal and funding comparison*
• Industry Overview: Deal and Funding split per industry along with a two-year deal and funding comparison
• Funding Rounds: A list of the top 10 investments in the month of April
• Exits: A list of the last 5 rolling exits year-to-date, including acquisition amount wherever disclosed
• Investors: List and ranking of the most active investors in April 2021 and YTD
What is a dashboard?
Do you find it hard to keep up to date with the latest venture investment activity of startups from across the region? If you are an investor tracking activity, consultant looking to identify trends, or a government entity searching for investments in your geography this is your tool to stay up to date.
Why buy this report?
• A one-stop-shop for the most up to date venture activity across MENA, Turkey, and Pakistan on a monthly basis
• Identify startups and trends across the regions and industries that are important to you
• Benchmark your investment activity or find a potential investor in your venture thanks to the most active investor ranking