The Q3 2022 Africa Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a quarterly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in the African region.
The African VC market bucked the trend of the overall slowdown in the global ecosystem in the first nine months of 2022 as the value of funding in the African market improved by a yearly 23.7% to stand at $2,455M across 536 deals (+8.3% year-on-year). The total number of deals represented 76.7% of the total of FY 2021, as the total value of funding took over a share of 83.4%. This positive trend could be due to the low base effect in the region with respect to the global market and it could also highlight the important role of startups in solving primary needs in Africa.
To learn more about this report and access the underlying data, contact our team.
Africa Startup Ecosystem in Q3 2022 - Key Highlights
What’s In The Report?
This quarterly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the African venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of African venture funding evolution, with a focus on 2022 YTD country and industry performance
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the investor type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 20 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• A 5-year Africa exit evolution with country benchmark breakdown
• Top 10 last exits recorded by Africa-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Comparison Tools to benchmark geographies, industries and investor performance
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!