The H1 2022 Africa Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a bi-annual update on the venture capital and startup ecosystems in Africa.
Africa Startup Ecosystem in H1 2022 - Key Highlights
• 44% of the rounds closed in H1'22 across Africa, fell in the $0k- $1M bracket size, demonstrating an increased interest in early-stage startups
• Nigeria ranked 1st among African countries when it came to total amount deployed, representing 32% of all investments in Africa
• FinTech was the leading industry, aggregating almost 60% of total funding and 34% of deals driven by large investments
What’s In The Report?
This bi-annual report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the African venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• A 5-year analysis of Africa venture funding evolution, with a focus on H1‘22 industry performance benchmarks
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the business type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 10 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• Top 10 last exits recorded by Africa-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments across the Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Pakistan.