Want to access the full H1 2020 Pakistan Venture Investment Report? Discover more by purchasing our full 40+ page data-driven report, including country comparisons and industry trends!
We’re seeing increasing investor appetite: Pakistani startups saw ($10M) invested in H1 2020, a 9% drop in total funding from H1 2019. Despite the impact of COVID-19, the overall number of deals increased by 13% to 17 deals from H1 2019.
The ecosystem is evolving and maturing: 76% of all investments in H1 2020 came from international investors. Furthermore, the average ticket size of disclosed deals was ($0.6M), down 14% compared to H1 2019.
Looking at Pakistan’s entrepreneurship ecosystem in context. When we compare the amount of funding raised ($) to MENA countries in H1 2020, Pakistan ranks joint 4th with Jordan, after the UAE, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia with ($10M).
The Pakistan Venture Funding Snapshot includes an overview and analysis of:
- Pakistan’s yearly funding evolution, from 2015 onwards
- Quarterly funding evolution & analysis
- Emerging markets comparison & Pakistan’s ecosystem in context
- Industry breakdown by number of deals and amount of funding ($) invested
- H1 2020’s top 5 funding rounds
- Top funding institutions, most active investors, and investor landscape overview