The FY2022 United Arab Emirates (UAE) Venture Investment Report is one of MAGNiTT's flagship reports that provides a yearly update on the venture capital and startup ecosystem in the country. To learn more about this report and access the underlying data, contact our sales team.
The UAE was the only country in the MENA region to cross the $1Bn mark in 2022, maintaining its MENA lead in funding.The Venture Capital market aggregated $1,190M, falling below the 2021 value by 20%, across 153 deals, which registered an 11% decline across transactions closed. The ecosystem mirrored the global performance as markets absorbed the impact of geopolitical and macroeconomic challenges.
What’s In The Report?
This yearly report provides a comprehensive overview and a deep dive into the UAE venture capital and funding investment space and includes the following:
• Top 20 investor ranking, together with the investor type and HQ analysis of all investment firms in the region
• Top 20 startup funding rounds that were closed during the analyzed period, as well as the ticket size split of the entire deal flow
• A 5-year UAE exit evolution with country benchmark breakdown
• Top 10 last exits recorded by UAE-based startups
Who will benefit from the report?
This report is ideal for investors tracking startup activity, consultants looking to identify technology innovation trends, as well as government entities searching for investments.
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, a comprehensive directory of technology innovation trends. The platform provides the following analytics tools:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Comparison Tools to benchmark geographies, industries and investor performance
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
Learn how MAGNiTT's proprietary data can help your business. Contact us now!
*This report aggregates and analyses tech startup investments in 17 countries in the Middle East and North Africa - listed alphabetically: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.