2021 MENA Industry Venture Report
Since 2016, MENA-based technology startups have been growing both in number and size. With increased funding, government support, and international interest, the region’s once-upon-a-time nascent startup ecosystem showed the signs of maturity. In 2020, MENA VC investment data has revealed gradual diversification of the industries involved in digital transformation, as well as prioritization of certain sectors due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The chart below shows a comparison between the number of deals in 2019 to 2020 for the top 7 performing industries, displaying the effect of the pandemic on investment activity in the MENA region’s startup ecosystem.
Below you can find a presentation of a sample from the report to see what is included:
Access previous Venture Capital Funding Reports:
• MENA Venture Investment Report 2021
• MENA Venture Investment Report Q3 2020
• MENA Venture Investment Report H1 2020
• MENA Venture Investment Report Q1 2020
• MENA Venture Investment Report 2019
• MENA Venture Investment Report Q3 2019
This report was created with data from MAGNiTT, which is a comprehensive directory of emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
• Investment directories, a comprehensive list of all startup venture funding across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Turkey
• Market Sizing Tools to visualize investment growth and trends across industries, geographies, and stage
• Startup Resources including a deal flow tool for applications to leading Venture Capitalists for investment
• Exit comparisons, looking at Mergers & Acquisitions from across the region
If you aren’t already a client, sign up for a demo to learn more about how our platform can help you make data-driven decisions.