In 2019, the United Arab Emirates became the first country in MENA with a unicorn exit
The country has seen significant growth in the number of deals over the years, with 2019 being a record year. Moreover, there were more investors than ever before in UAE-based startups, many of them coming from outside the region, as international startups increasingly become interested in local startups. Not only that, Careem became the first-ever unicorn exit in the country and region, as it was acquired by international rival Uber for $3.1B.
This 46-page report includes:
- Funding Trends in the UAE, including a deals and funding evolution, average funding, and top deals in the country
- Exit Trends in the UAE, including a list of all exits in 2019, with industry insights and acquirers of UAE-based startups
- Investors in the UAE, with all the most active investors by stage ranked, as well as newly formed funds and investment entities
- Industry Insights, with case studies of top industries by deals and total funding, such as FinTech, E-commerce, and Transport
- Pre-money Valuation by Funding Stage, highlighting the average pre-money valuation at Seed, Series A, and Series B
Want to see a sample of the full country report first? Click here.
Through MAGNiTT's industry-leading data and dedicated venture capital research team, the report provides a deep-dive into the following topics. Are you only interested in a specific section? Just click on the link to be taken to that specific section report!
- UAE Funding Evolution, including a deals and funding evolution, average funding, average pre-money valuations, top deals in the country, and more
- Industry Breakdown, including a deep-dive into the most active industries by number of deals and total funding, such as FinTech, E-commerce, and Delivery & Transport
- Investor Breakdown, including the trends in investors in the country, with all the most active investors by stage ranked, as well as newly formed funds and investment entities
- Exits, including a highlight and analysis of all exits, as well as trends within the country's exit space