Healthcare deals reached an all-time high in 2019
With healthcare being one of the most important sectors in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), startups have increasingly focused on the industry to provide reliable, easy-to-access healthcare products and services. In 2019, 472 healthcare startups were active across the MENA region, out of which 31 raised funding rounds – an increase of 15% compared to 2018, which was in itself an all-time high. Especially Telehealth & Online Booking startups have seen a significant increase in funding activity, with Healthcare startups looking to bridge the affordability and accessibility gaps in the MENA region.
The report is also available as part of our Pro and Enterprise subscriptions, along with all other country, industry, and other venture summary reports. You can check them out HERE.
This 54-page report includes:
- Healthcare Funding Trends in MENA, incl. deals & funding evolution, avg. funding, and top MENA deals
- Healthcare Exits in MENA, including a list of all 2019 exits
- Investors in Healthcare, with most active investors by funding stage ranked
- Industry Vertical Insights, case studies on top Healthcare verticals, such as Telehealth and Medical Devices
- Pre-money Valuation by Funding Stage, highlighting the avg. pre-money valuation at Seed & Series A
- Country Rankings & Trends in Healthcare, incl. a ranking of MENA countries by Healthcare deals and funding
Want to see a sample of the full report? Click here.