2019 MENA Education Venture Investment Report
This 44-page report includes:
- Education Funding Trends in MENA, incl. deals & funding evolution, avg. funding, and top MENA deals
- Education Exits in MENA, including a list of all 2019 exits
- Investors in Education, with most active investors by funding stage ranked
- Industry Vertical Insights, case studies on top Education verticals, such as Childhood Learning and Online Tutoring
- Pre-money Valuation by Funding Stage, highlighting the avg. pre-money valuation at Seed & Series A
- Country Rankings & Trends in Education, incl. a ranking of MENA countries by Education deals and funding
Want to see a sample of the full report? Click here.
Aside from a record year for funding and number of deals, MENA-based education startups also attracted more investors than any previous year. As shown by the chart below, the majority of these investors came from the Middle East and North Africa, with just 14% of investors coming from abroad. This is lower than the MENA average, where 25% of all investors come from international markets. Hence, EdTech is still a regional game for many startups, with local investors – especially VCs and accelerators – warming up to the industry.