Get any 3 reports for $799 with MAGNiTT PRO!
2019 Jordan Venture Investment Report
Jordanian startup funding jumps 58% from 2018 to 2019
As one of the oldest startup ecosystems in the region, Jordan is home to a number of high-profile startups, including Mawdoo3 and Jamalon. Moreover, more startups are entering the forray, as the number of Early Stage deals also saw a significant boost: its share increased by 5% from 2018 to 2019, increasing the number of deals by 13% from 2018 to 2019.
The report is also available as part of our Pro and Enterprise subscriptions, along with all other country, industry, and other venture summary reports. You can check them out HERE.
This 35-page report includes:
- Funding Trends in Jordan, including a deals and funding evolution, average funding, and top deals
- Exits in Jordan, including a list of all exits in 2019
- Investors in the Jordan, with all the most active investors by stage ranked, as well as newly formed funds and investment entities
- Industry Insights, with case studies of top industries by deals and total funding, such as FinTech and E-commerce
- Pre-money Valuation by Funding Stage, highlighting the average pre-money valuation at Seed and Series A
Want to see a sample of the full country report first? Click here.
Aside from a record year for funding and number of deals, Jordan-based startups also attracted more investors than any previous year. As shown by the chart below, this increase in investors is mainly fueled by MENA-based investors as opposed to local investors – with entrepreneurship in the region being one of the core focus areas for governments and corporates, this trend is expected to continue.
An initiative by the Jordanian government to further spur investment in regional startups is the Innovative Startups & SMEs Fund (ISSF), which looks to invest in innovative startups and SMEs, and is backed by both the World Bank ($50M) and the Central Bank of Jordan ($48M). This, and much more, is covered in the full report.
Purchase 2019 Jordan Venture Investment Report