Get any 3 reports for $799 with MAGNiTT PRO!
2019 F&B MENA Venture Investment Report
F&B deals reached an all time high in 2019, total funding on the other hand witnessed a slight drop
The Food & Beverage industry saw increased investment activity over the last 5 years, jumping from just 10 deals in 2015 to 54 in 2019. Furthermore, 2016, with the highest total funding of $82M, mainly attributable to Wadi's $67M Series A fund raise, was a record year by total funding for the industry, before dropping to $43M in 2019. Saudi Arabia took the lead in the industry, acounting for 22% of deals and 44% of total funding raised by F&B startups.
What's included in this 61-page report?
F&B's most comprehensive research report on venture trends
- Funding Trends in MENA's F&B, incl. deals & funding evolution, avg. funding, and top deals
- Exits in MENA's F&B, incl. a list of all 2019 exits
- Most Active Investors in F&B, with most active investors ranked by funding stage
- Industry Vertical Breakdown, with a quick dive into the top performing F&B verticals in the region
- Pre-money Valuation by Funding Stage, highlighting the avg. pre-money valuation at Early Stage & Series A
- Country Rankings & Trends, incl. a ranking of MENA countries by F&B deals and funding
Want to obtain a free sample? Download a copy here.
Saudi Arabia took the lead on both the deal and funding front, accounting for 22% of F&B investments and 44% of funding activity in 2019. The Kingdom's share of F&B investment deals in the MENA region has increased by 22% from 2016 to 2019. This indicates that Saudi Arabia has shown constant growth over the last few years, with investors' appetites to invest in the region steadily increasing. On the other hand, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates' deal shares have gradually dropped since 2015.
Purchase 2019 F&B MENA Venture Investment Report