The 2017 MENA Venture Investment Report summarises and analyses investments in MENA-based startups, including funding trends in countries, industries and funding stages, as well as comparisons and gap analyses. 2017 saw $560M invested in 260 MENA-based startups. This is the highest number of deals when compared to the last 3 years.
What is included in this report:
- Executive Summary: Snapshot including the key takeaways from the report.
- All Deals in 2017: All MENA-based startups that received investment in 2017, including country, industry, funding amount, funding stage, and investors.
- 2017 Funding Overview: High-level overview and analysis of all MENA-based startup funding over time (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), including a gap analysis to the previous year.
- Funding Stage Breakdown: Analysis of the different stages of funding, such as early stage, Series A, Series B, and how they compare and change over time.
- Industry Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular industries by number of deals and funding amount in 2017 and YTD, as well as how they change over time.
- Country Breakdown: Analysis of the most popular countries by number of deals and funding amount in 2017 and YTD, as well as any trends over time.
- Top News in 2017: Highlight of the top news of 2017