In this Webinar, MAGNiTT hosts Donya Fredj, Clara’s Legal Director for an intensive & quick-fire round of questions from MAGNiTT’s Community Manager, Noor Salama.
We ask questions from the perspective of the fundraising founder thinking about, or currently raising, an early-stage funding round for their startup.
With the immense challenge of covering ‘all you need to know’ in under 30 minutes - this is what Donya managed to explain (with enough time for a Q&A at the end! -- but not enough time for all the questions).
TL;DR. We covered:
- Legal things that need to be in place BEFORE fundraising (Incorporation, IP, Founders’ Agreements)
- Fundraising options: Equity vs. Debt (KISS, SAFE, convertible note) and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Fundraising documents (term-sheets, SHAs, SSAs)
- The almost $1m question: How much both fundraising options cost & who pays for it
- And, finally, when should you engage legal counsel?
- & lots of really good questions.
Let us know if you’d like us to do a Part 2 of our Legal for Fundraising Webinar by connecting with, and messaging Noor on MAGNiTT!
Here are some insights from the polls we launched during the webinar:
Interested in learning about MENA startup trends and entrepreneurial hacks? Keep an eye out for our frequent webinars HERE
Passion provides purporse, but data drives decisions. Access more MENA startup ecosystem data from our subscription packages HERE
Want to sponsor our webinar series? Reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org