1. What problem do you solve?
Many people among us would like to become a singer, or just even have the ability to sing and practice singing whether in solo or as group activity. This kind of behavior is not available to Arabic Speaker, or at least not at quality where it could be enjoyed.
For those people and many others that would like to sing. We have created Ghinwa the stage for every musical talent. Ghinwa is a mobile application for amateur singers to sing in Karaoke or Cover songs and Promote their talent in Ghinwa’s social network.
2. Who are you competing with and what makes your solution better?
I wouldn’t say competitors, But there many projects and solutions that aim to solve the same problem. In both worlds (Offline or Online). But the challenge remains there, which is providing the users with an experience close enough to the real artist.
3. What were the biggest hurdles you faced early on and how did you overcome them?
4. What is your biggest barrier to future success?
Our other challenges and barrier I would say, finding talented people to build a team around. We headhunted every member of our team. And currently we are in talk with several others as well to join us. I would say, being able to find talent to scale the business is an ongoing challenge for the time being.
5. How do you plan to make money?
I guess there’s no specific price for Good Music. But we hope we can generate enough traction and test different business models like Fermium and Advertisement.
6. What advice would you share with other start-ups?
7. Did you discover and use an online tool that is a “must-have” for start-ups?
For a tech - startup, I would recommend they read Linkedin 3x3x3 Article. IT summarizes their development methodology, which we found it to be the perfect methodology for remote team.