AYSM to select 100 innovative Arab startups to showcase at high-profile event
Posted 2 years ago - Apr 9, 2019, 10:10 AM
The Arab Youth Startup Marketplace (AYSM) 2019, taking place on the 29th and 30th of April at Emirates Towers in Dubai, is the second edition in a pilot phase that was initiated in 2017, where 100 innovative startups from around the Arab world were invited to showcase their contribution to the creative economy. They did so in front of many highly distinguished guests, including H. H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohamad Al Maktoum, several ministers, and many other VIP’s and investors.
This year, following the same formula, AYSM are inviting 100 cutting-edge startups from around the Arab world to participate and showcase their solutions. The travel and accommodation expenses for one of the founders of the selected startups will be covered, and they will showcase their startup in front of high-profile guests, including ministers and investors.
Who should attend?
Central to the Arab Youth Center's priorities is creating venues for Arab youth to share their success and contribute to shaping their own future. The Arab Youth Startup Marketplace will showcase startups contributing to the creative economy, spearheaded by young Arab minds who have started ventures to find solutions to their country's challenges.
As part of this vision, the Arab Youth Center encourages any startup that meets the following criteria to apply:
- Should be from the Arab World and contribute to the creative economy (tech or non-tech)
- Should be early stage, less than 3 years in business
- Should use creative concepts that solve challenges in their respective countries
- Should have one or more Arab Founders, aged between 15-35 years
Why should you attend?
Selected entrepreneurs will receive many benefits before and during the event.
Before the event starts, AYSM will be engaging the selected Arab founders on Sunday the 28th of April, conducting a short 1-2 hours session, which will be given by one of the leading investors in the region. The session will cover what an investor is looking for in a startup, which will help startups deliver the most amount of information in the shortest time (i.e. elevator pitching and presentation skills).
Moreover, as mentioned above, the travel and accommodation expenses for one of the founders of the selected startups will be covered in order to come and attend the event.
During the event
During the event, which will take place on the 29th and 30th of April, entrepreneurs will showcase their startups, which will offer them the following:
1. Networking and Mentorship Opportunities. The Arab Youth Startup Marketplace will create platform for young entrepreneurs to network, exchange knowledge, collaborate and access mentorship and growth opportunities from established businessmen, investors, and experts.
2. Investors. Many high-profile guests will be present at the event, including investors. Private meeting rooms are available to facilitate further communication between the parties. Due to several success stories from the previous edition, even more investors are encouraged to attend as well.
3. Even more investors and organizations. AYSM are also calling for the local and international organization’s support by committing to a small fund, in order to support and fund the startups. These organizations will be recognized as an investing partner, which means that there will be more entities present that are looking to invest in, work with and support startups.