Nahdet el Mahrousa’s Green Works Acceleration Program
Nahdet El Mahrousa (NM) is a leading Egyptian not-for-profit, non-governmental organization (NPO/NGO) founded in November 2003. Our work revolves around the capacity building of social entrepreneurs and impact-driven local organizations through a series of partnerships and by hosting the region’s first incubator for innovative social enterprises. Focusing on social entrepreneurship, we aspire to positively impact Egypt’s cultural, economic, and social domains by supporting enterprises that work on solving developmental issues in innovative, sustainable, and scalable ways.
We are looking for booming impact-driven green enterprises with entrepreneurial energy and with the following characteristics:
• Team members are Egyptian.
• The team has at least 2 members.
• At least one founder is working full time in the startup.
• We welcome all whom the above criteria applies to and encourage those operating in waste management, sustainable energy & energy efficiency, food production, sustainable agriculture and all other green economy sectors to apply. Preference given to waste management and renewable energy.
• Startup has a defined and validated business model and product market fit; and has established distribution channels.
• Startup is delivering to customers, is generating revenues and preferably profitable.
• Startup has a team of 5+ employees (including full time and part time jobs).
• Startup has been in business for at least 2-3 years, and has been registered for at least 1 year.
• Startup’s main operations are in Egypt.
• Startup is planning to employ at least 15-30+ employees within a year.
• We highly encourage startups based outside Cairo to apply.
• Startup is able to mobilize at least half of the amount requested in funding, self-financing, new contracts/business deals, matching investment, bank loans, etc.
Deadline: Fri, November 27, 2020
Industry: Water, Food & Beverage, Renewable Energy, Social Entrepreneurship, Agriculture
Development Stage: Growth
Geographical Focus: Egypt
Difficulty applying ? Contact email@example.com
The deadline for this application has passed.