Dubai Angel Investors Angel network supporting the startup ecosystem in the MENA region. We are a member-led investment company made up of like-minded individuals. We are passionate about entrepreneurs and teams that can take their ideas from proof of concept to customer traction to scale with drive, energy, determination and ambition. We invest in seed and early-stage technology companies with high growth potential.
What makes us different is that we are not a fund. The members of Dubai Angel Investors range from experienced Angel Investors and Partners in VC Funds, to executives of successful companies. Together, we leverage our collective experience as well as our extensive network of contacts to add value to our investees through our ability to open doors and to mentor them.
A key part of our strategy is to invest alongside established venture funds that take the role of the lead investor and with whom we have close connections.
DAI typically deploys between $50,000 to $250,000 in each of the companies we invest but our members can, and frequently do, co-invest with DAI. This means that DAI (together with co-investing members) have made a first-round investment of between $100,000 and $750,000 in all our portfolio companies to date.
For portfolio companies that show strong traction after our initial investment, we might deploy additional capital to support their growth.
- Sector agnostic, as long as you are engaging with your customers via proprietary technology and you have a capital-efficient vision to scale the business - Very interested in companies originating in Dubai and elsewhere in the MENA
- Founders and teams who are dynamic, focused and passionate about their vision and product.
- Early-stage companies (SEED/Series A) with a minimum viable product and evidence of client / customer traction and some revenue.
DAI will not consider startup companies that are not able to answer ‘YES’ to the below questions:
1) Are you a client or consumer facing business that is in the technology space?
2) Do you have a minimum viable product or prototype with proof of concept?
3) Do you have initial traction with active paying or non-paying users?
4) Do you have more than one full time team member?
Industry: Water, E-commerce, Video & Animation, Events, Delivery & Logistics, Education, Security, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, Robotics, Fashion & Beauty, Hardware, Real Estate, Renewable Energy, Cryptocurrency, IT Solutions, Travel & Tourism, IoT, Productivity apps, Technology, Sports & Fitness, Social Entrepreneurship, Network & Community, Telecom, HR & Recruitment, Multimedia, Blockchain, Agnostic, General, Gaming, Aerospace, Audio and Media, Professional/Corporate Services, Healthcare, Finance & Banking, Retail, Transport, Homecare, Insurance, Food & Beverage, AR/VR, Construction, Creative, Fintech, Advertising and Marketing, Agriculture, Artificial Intelligence, Entertainment & Music, Legal, Space Tech, Consumer Services
Development Stage: SEED, Growth
Geographical Focus: Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Algeria, Bahrain, Oman, Morocco, Kuwait, Syria, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Palestine, South Sudan, Tunisia, Qatar, Libya, Yemen, United Arab Emirates (UAE)